Thursday, August 19, 2010

Easy Craft of Love

Great advice turned into a creative idea equals MUCH FUN! So the past week has been filled with much anxiety over my Lil Katalina starting her first MDO program. I can remember when she was still brewing in my belly! I was speaking to a GREAT friend and I was telling all my fears about Katalina being off at school...was she going to eat her lunch (she didn't by the way...lol...well she did eat the JELLO), was she going to make friends, would she miss me. That was a huge worry...what if she missed me and I wasn't there...would she be disappointed or feel abandoned. Well this friend gave me such a cute idea...she told me to give her something special (a pencil or notebook) so that when she did miss me she could just hold onto that pencil and know that I was thinking of her. Now isn't that just the GREATEST mommy advice. Well when she told me that I immediately began thinking about what I could do. Katalina loves to craft with me...it is our special time together. So I took a regular #2 pencil and wrapped it with paper, added some ribbon and gave it a tag to remind her that me and daddy loved her so much. In the morning she went BANANAS over the pencil and the teacher said she requested it once. Throughout the first day I just kept telling myself...man maybe I needed the special pencil. To all you moms and little ones either starting school or going back to school...may God give you peace throughout the day knowing that your children are protected and loved by their educators, may God keep angels around our little ones and may God bless you and your family!

4 comments:

  1. Cousin, that is such a sweet idea. I hope she had a wonderful day at school. I wish I had girls cause I like the cutesy stuff but with all these boys, they would think I was nuts for making something as special as that. God Bless you and your family always. I love and miss you tons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea! Although my mom never made me a pencil like that, every year after buying our school supplies my mom would sit down & not only organize it all but write our name on everything. I mean, literally she would take out every crayon in the 64 pack and write my name on each individual one. The whole thing: Angelita G. Barragan. (How time consuming!) She would tell me that if someone found it or got mixed up with my classmate's, I would always know which one was mine. When I was in school I would always notice my name on all my things and remember how much effort my mom put into everything for me. It's always the little ways we say "I love you" that mean the most.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kat, you're such a terrific & thoughtful aunt. I love the pencils & the girls are super excited to take theirs to school tomorrow. I will most definitely be ordering more throughout the year because I know their going to want to use their special pencils ALL THE TIME! lol. You're so creative and I thank God for you sharing your creativity with us! Oh, and I totally agree with Angel. My mom did the exact same thing for me when I was in school and ever since my kiddos started kinder, I've don't the same for them! It is time consuming (I also do each individual crayon, pencil, map pencil & marker!) but I know just like me & Angel, when my kids get older, they're gonna look back and know how much I cared. Again, Kat, you're so talented and the fact that you took the time to bless all the "little people" in your life was really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea Kat! You are a sweet momma :)

    ReplyDelete